Tag # : 202005
Serial # : 4591
|Bell diameter||Bore size|
“Made By/ CG Conn/ Elkhart/ IND” on bell.
This helicon is the only instrument in the collection that has the piston valve design by the German inventor and musician, Heinrich Stölzel, which he patented in 1815. The design of piston valves was continuously improved until 1839 when the French musical instrument maker, François Périnet invented the piston valve system that is still used today.
We want to thank our good friend and fellow collector, Mark Jones, for helping us obtain this instrument.